Vice President, Customer Success
Named the top D.C. startup to watch in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Quorum is software built for public affairs, providing one place for stakeholder engagement, legislative tracking, and grassroots advocacy. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union.
Quorum is 100% bootstrapped, having never raised venture capital funding, and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As the Vice President of Customer Success, you will serve on Quorum’s Executive Team and be responsible for the company’s customer retention, expansion, and support functions. This role includes responsibility for Customer Success activities (e.g., client onboarding processes) and outcomes (e.g., financial performance). Apply online at www.quorum.us/careers.
- You want to make a meaningful impact on the growth strategy of a startup and you have experience serving as a member of Executive Leadership (C-Suite/SVP Level) and/or an Executive Management Team (Senior Director/VP Level)
- You are a visionary leader who feels confident designing multi-year strategic plans and coaching your team to help them achieve desired business results
- You are an experienced manager who has overseen high-performing teams with 40+ team members or navigated turnaround environments with 20+ team members
- You take pride in creating diverse and inclusive team environments where you regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being
- You have experience scaling a business unit operating on a recurring revenue business model that produced tens of millions in ARR during your tenure
- You are passionate about using data and analytics to craft an exceptional customer experience throughout the customer lifecycle (e.g., reduce average time to first value)
- You have either specialized in one or overseen several of the following functions: customer support, account management, product adoption/client onboarding, professional services, international support/service (including translation/localization)
- You believe that revenue growth derives from demonstrating recurring value to the customer and have experience overseeing new logo or expansion sales performance
- And, of course, you love a good challenge
What You'll Do:
- First week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the current Quorum client experience, gain exposure to our products, and get to know 20+ dedicated Quorum Customer Success team members
- First month: You will attend a wide variety of client engagements and work with Customer Success management to oversee routine customer success activities, including support, onboarding, training, renewals, cross-sells/up-sells, and referrals/introductions
- First 6 months: You will evaluate the talent pipeline and apply a combination of coaching and recruiting to build a Customer Success team that is able to provide exceptional service at scale. You will work with the team to gain insight into critical Customer Success team and Customer Health metrics, then use these insights to optimize the customer lifecycle (e.g., defining distinct engagement strategies based upon customer segment, decreasing average days to onboard)
- First year: You will act as a model for setting high-level strategic direction and executing with precision. You will be responsible for driving key customer success outcomes, including increasing net revenue retention, by increasing the value Quorum provides to our customers
About the Customer Success Team:
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We provide team and individual product trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you. Apply online at www.quorum.us/careers.