Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As our Deal Desk Manager, you will manage the full life cycle of Quorum’s commercial contracts, including client subscription and vendor agreements. You will be responsible for ensuring that Quorum delights our clients and vendors by providing an accurate, transparent, and timely contract review and approval process.
What You'll Do:
- First week: You'll learn the ins and outs of Quorum’s Quote and Subscription Agreement processes, gain exposure to our client’s perspective on our contract workflow, and get to know 5+ dedicated Quorum Operations team members
- First month: You will remediate errors identified during an annual Quality Assurance Audit of active client subscriptions and vendor agreements. For example, you would remediate errors where a contract covers a 366 day “annual” period instead of a 365 day “annual” period or references outdated technical specifications.
- First 6 months: You will complete Quorum Tech Ramp—a process to teach the Deal Desk Manager how to complete technical procurement information—and begin completing first drafts of technical submissions and/or edits for client subscription agreements. You will also begin to conduct first drafts of legal edits for contracts and review Salesforce Quote Approvals to verify accuracy of information including, but not limited to, contract terms, billing information, pricing, and consistency with company policies
- First year: You will centralize and modify legal workflows to improve the accuracy, transparency, and timeliness of Quorum’s contract process for our team members, clients, and vendors. You will also work with sales, customer success, finance, and product to build the foundational processes for a high-performing Deal Desk that can quickly review and close high-value new logo and renewal customers with unique circumstances (e.g., special pricing, product commitment, etc.).
- You consider attention to detail to be one of your signature strengths. In a room full of 1,000 professionals, you would feel comfortable raising your hand to indicate that you are in the Top 5% in terms of overall attention to detail—and your previous colleagues would agree!
- You have honed the ability to apply logic and business standards to solve an unfamiliar problem
- You are comfortable converting technical jargon (e.g., AWS → Amazon Web Services → premier cloud computing platform) into straightforward language that a non-technical audience can understand
- Pick One: You have professional experience working with commercial contracts in a business environment and might have dabbled in a profession as a paralegal, OR
- Pick One: You have professional experience with Federal contracts and likely have a Federal certification (e.g., DAWIA), security clearance, or military background
- You care deeply about being a part of building an inclusive and diverse team environment
- You will stand out if you have experience working on or adjacent to a Sales Operations team with a Deal Desk function
- You are a superstar if you have experience working with Salesforce CPQ and/or revenue management software, such as SaaS Optics or NetSuite
About the Operations Team:
- We take pride in keeping the metaphorical train on its track at a high-growth start-up
- We are the resident subject matter experts on business operations—our team covers sales operations, finance, and human resources!
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow. In doing so, we live by Quorum’s growth principles to Take the Lead and Own the Execution
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company—we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team enjoys doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and family-friendly costume contests
Do you want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
Base Salary: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
Plus up to $5,000.00 bonus based upon hitting key performance indicators (KPIs)
On Target Earnings (OTE) : $65,000.00 – $85,000.00
Benefits: 401(k) match, health/dental, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.